Friday, October 29, 2010

What's that you're wearing?

In India, as of 2010, a small percentage of even the urban population dress up like they were going to be on Michael Jackson's Thriller remake for Halloween, but a good number do too.  And it is not like every one needs to come in star wars slave costumes either.  Flavors change from year to year and it is fun to get ready for.

You can dress me up as a robber, but I won't be in disguise.  Only love is a robber, and he lives within your eyes, ooh ee ooh.

You can dress me up as a sailor but I'll never run to sea.  As long as your love is available to me, what do I do with a sea of blue.  Ooh ee ooh.

You can dress me up as a soldier, but I wouldn't know what for.  I was the one who told you he loved you, don't want to go to another war.  No, no, no.

Paul McCartney, Dress Me Up As A Robber from Tug Of War. (released 1982, work started on it 1980)

Today the pumpkin patch, tomorrow the turkey!!

Trick-or-treating is a customary celebration for children on Halloween. Children go in costume from house to house, asking for treats such as candy or sometimes money, with the question, "Trick or treat?" The word "trick" refers to a (mostly idle) "threat" to perform mischief on the homeowners or their property if no treat is given. In some parts of Scotland children still go guising. In this custom the child performs some sort of trick, i.e. sings a song or tells a ghost story, to earn their treats.

I usually end up watching reruns of my childhood horror classics if there are any good ones on tv.  Trash like Moustapha Akkad or the Jason series.

1 comment:

  1. We had a Halloween party last night! Dressed up my son as an owl ha ha....Got some art paper and made wings, and feathers... and made a head gear with huge eyes!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...